About INVIVO, A Red Nucleus Company
We are a multi-dimensional agency that caters to the life sciences space where our purpose is to improve the quality of life by accelerating the understanding of science. Since 1998, we've been pioneering the integration of technology and creative visualization into communication that connects people and science. As a Digital Scientific Communications agency, we are committed to meeting our global healthcare client’s needs through:
- Insightful medical strategy
- Compelling scientific storytelling
- Illumination of data through visualization and interaction
- Digital solutions that use the best in leading edge technology
We have won over 150 industry awards including medical animations, AR/VR, data visualizations, medical games, and holography delivered on the latest digital devices and at major medical conferences around the world.
Our culture is not typical or ordinary, and we aim to keep it that way. At INVIVO we believe in providing a rich working environment, one filled with challenge that pushes us to innovate in ways that captures the imagination. Our culture is about fun, meaningful work and a true sense of community.
About the Technical Director Role
The Technical Director leads and mentors our team of talented web and Immersive developers to research, build, and launch a variety of innovative digital tools for our clients across multiple platforms. The role will focus on keeping abreast of the most recent developments in web, AR / VR and Immersive technologies (Unreal, Unity, Metahumans), strategically analyzing and integrating them within the organization to better serve and expand our roster of service offerings.
In addition, the Technical Director will collaborate closely with our Client Services and Business Development teams to shape robust solutions for our clients through participation in the ideation and pitch process as a technical leader.
- Direct, coach and mentor a team of web and Immersive developers working across multiple platforms and technologies to deliver well-considered, high quality applications that follow a holistic software development life cycle from start to finish, and are tailored to the needs of the global pharmaceutical and medical device industries.
- Participate in RFPs, present the technology components in client proposals, and be a technical solutions subject matter expert for the organization.
- Identify technical architecture, requirements, risks, and time estimations for digital projects, and work with the Client Services team to ensure your team’s projects are completed on time, are error-free, and meet the expectations of our clients.
- Research and share new technologies and techniques, and work to continue refining the team’s toolset and practices.
- Provide strategic input and determine appropriate direction in the development of a wide variety of digital solutions.
- Establish and maintain client IT relationships to ensure deliverables are tailored to requirements.
- Mentor and guide team on a variety of topics including best practices, pair programming, unit and integration testing, peer reviews, existing, emerging, and new technologies, etc.
- Ensure the development team builds quality in and always delivers high quality software leveraging best practices, tools, and industry standards. Lead the evolution of the development team to incorporate practices such as pair programming, swarming, mobbing, unit testing, automated testing, etc. in a continuous learning and progressively evolving environment.
- Rapidly build proof of concepts that quickly validates concepts and ideas. Develop solutions and build software as reusable components which can be easily clicked into new solutions reducing time-to-market.
- Bring new and innovative thinking and solution development strategies to the team and organization to evolve and ensure lean processes and practices.
Capability Requirements – Education, Skills & Experience
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent, 10+ years’ experience specializing in a broad range of web technologies and platforms, including a technical leadership position at a digital communications agency or similar.
- 10+ years experience in delivering solutions and applications for a broad range of platforms including multitiered and front-end web applications, Unity and Unreal immersive applications, data visualization applications, AR/VR applications, big (BIG) screen and mobile applications, back-office, and automation (no-UI) applications, HoloLens and emerging hardware, etc.
- 10+ cumulative years working with the following technologies
- HTML & CSS
- C#, .NET Framework, .NET Core, Xamarin, cross platform native application development
- Back-office systems, SQL, NoSQL, etc.
- Objective-C, Swift, Java, VBA, etc.
- CMS systems (Drupal, Sitecore, etc.)
- RESTful APIs
- End-to-end systems integration
- 10+ years experience in
- Public cloud infrastructure – Azure, AWS, Google
- User-centered design and testing methodologies, subsystems, and usability and accessibility
- Understanding, assessment, and implementation of security and data protection.
- CI/CD pipelines
- Translating visual designs into HTML, CSS.
- UX and UI integration with usability and accessibility
- Automated testing and testing suites
- Web APIs such as WebGL or WebXR
- Machine Learning
- Well-developed leadership and communication skills, operating with a growth mindset.
- Successful track record in managing teams focused on complicated projects involving collaboration and problem solving across many functional teams.
- Proven experience in mentoring, coaching and growing direct reports while developing their skills, business maturity, and focus around achieving company-focused goals.
- Provide technical leadership to the development team using software development lifecycle (SDLC) and agile approaches.
- Hand-on leadership and participation in all aspects of solutions delivery including design, development, delivery, and maintenance.
- DevOps experience in deploying web properties, managing build and source control servers, and cloud computing service offerings such as AWS and Azure.
- Comfortable with the uncomfortable, being able to understand & solution around unfamiliar or innovative leading-edge technology.
- Possess architectural experience and provide technical and architectural guidance for solutions and to teams.
- Possess exceptional written and verbal communications skills. Be great at communicating ideas, as well as, considering the ideas of others, resolving conflict, and coming to consensus on the best approach and moving forward.
Check us out at http://www.invivo.com/
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. #LI-MS1