Red Nucleus is hiring a Director, Business Development for our Learning & Development Division!
The Director, Business Development will sell and position learning and development solutions with key pharmaceutical budget holders and decision makers to proactively identify opportunities with Sales Training, Commercial Learning/Development, Commercial Operations, Medical Affairs, and other departments with training needs. Red Nucleus provides pharmaceutical Learning and Development training services and products in the following primary areas:
- Clinical / disease state
- Product launch, new hire, etc.
- System / application
The Director, Business Development will have many responsibilities including:
- Set-up meetings with key decision makers and influencers to identify, qualify, consult and close opportunities
- Proactively target new accounts
- Expand accounts once opened (new and existing)
- Position and sell core RN services (e.g., eLearning modules, animations, training videos, print/PDF/slide decks, etc) as well as RN products (e.g., LMS/content management system, gaming system, and off-the-shelf training content).
- Create and update Strategic Account Development Plans
- Develop strong and strategic client relationships within target accounts
- Consult and collaborate with internal service delivery teams within our lines of business to craft appropriate solutions that meet the unique business requirements of identified opportunities
- Write proposals, develop presentations and draft SOWs as part of the sales process and cycle
- Manage and track pipeline and opportunities via Red Nucleus’ opportunity management process
- Lead pricing negotiations with clients to ensure all business sold meets profitability targets
- Ensure a seamless transition from the sales process to the delivery team. Follow procedures and methodologies through the sales cycle and hand-off to delivery.
- Identify opportunities for other Red Nucleus business units to facilitate cross-selling
- Provide direction and input towards targeted Marketing initiatives including attendance at key industry conferences.
- Minimum educational requirement is Bachelor’s degree
- 7-10 years (for Director) or 10+ years (for Senior Director) of proven and relevant experience specifically selling Learning and Development services and products to the pharmaceutical industry:
- Services - eLearning modules, animations, training videos, print/PDF/slide decks, workshops, virtual preceptorships, AR/VR solutions, etc
- Products - LMS/content management system, gaming system, and off-the-shelf training content
- Demonstrated ability to break into new accounts and new functional areas within existing accounts
- Prior experience with consistently achieving quotas in the range of $3M - $5M (Director level) and $5M+ (Sr. Director level)
- Demonstrated ability to develop and grow client relationships across functional areas and levels
- Ability to identify and develop (via consultative approach) large strategic relationships
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Strong collaboration skills with cross-functional teams
- Understanding and ability to articulate key pharmaceutical learning and development industry issues, trends, etc.
- Prior experience using SalesForce as a CRM tool for pipeline and opportunity tracking desired
- Advanced skill level in MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Understanding of the drug development process as it relates to timeliness of service offerings for targeting new accounts
- Up to 50% travel required
Red Nucleus is an equal opportunity employer.