Red Nucleus is the leading provider of strategic learning, performance, and process solutions for the life sciences industry. Our team is composed of more than 370 full-time employees whose commitment to creativity, quality, and on-time delivery is unrivaled in our space. At Red Nucleus, we work in an environment that fosters trust, self-expression, and the ability to excel in our careers. We are proud to have been recognized as one of the “Best Places to Work in PA” for all 5 years that we have been headquartered in PA.
The types of projects we work on are diverse, spanning from pre-launch to post-launch positions of a brand lifecycle, across multiple audiences. Examples include
- Design and development of new drug and medical device launch curricula for sales representative and medical science liaison audiences
- Patient journey videos
- Interactive MOA animations
- Designing virtual clinical environments in which learners interact with HCPs and patients
- Workshop design, development, and live support for new product launches, national sales meetings, and plan-of-action meetings
- Patient, HCP, and KOL podcasts
We work with life sciences companies of all sizes, from companies who are bringing their first product to market, to the largest multinational firms, including all 10 of the top 10 pharmaceutical companies by revenue.
- Design and write interactive, engaging, and effective learning solutions for life science industry professionals, including e-learning, print, in-person or virtual workshops, videos, podcasts, games, assessments, coaching guides, and others from our portfolio of products.
- Effectively communicate and consult with any client stakeholders who are involved in the proposal, design, and development stages.
- Collaborate internally with Client Service Directors, Project Managers, Medical Directors, Medical Writers, other Instructional Designers, Graphic Artists, Programmers, Medical Editors, and freelancers to ensure that materials are accurate, engaging, and meet client needs.
Specifically, a Red Nucleus Instructional Designer’s responsibilities fall within 4 core areas. The majority of time is spent on Learning Solutions Design.
- Learning Solutions Design: Work with complex (and sometimes scientific) information, including client strategy and sales/marketing messaging, and using that to design accessible, objectives-based, and engaging learning experiences for the target audience. (This position does not require original research of medical content).
- Client Interaction: Attend kick offs, status calls, and any applicable review meetings with client teams that may consist of members from Sales, Marketing, Medical, Legal, and Regulatory departments
- Sales Support: Participate in the development of sales proposals and presentations, and the delivery of sales pitches.
- Collaboration with Instructional Designers and Medical Writers: Consult with in-house medical writers as to how to most effectively present information, create an effective learning experience, apply adult learning principles, etc. Maintain open lines of communication with other internal IDs.
- BS/BA degree
- >2 years of Instructional Design experience
- Preferred: Experience in creating learning solutions for the life sciences industry
- Demonstrated familiarity with instructional design models, best practices, and adult learning theory/principles
- A self-starter with a high levels of motivation and adaptability, along with an ability to solve problems/devise solutions under pressure
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook) and Adobe Acrobat
- Experience designing learning engagements using at least 1 virtual meeting/classroom platform (eg, Zoom, Adobe Connect, Teams)
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Pharmaceutical, medical device, and/or biotechnology sales training experience
- Experience with instructional technology (Articulate, Camtasia, etc)
- Teaching experience and/or education
- Experience with video script writing, pre-production planning, and on-set support (this role is not responsible for video production itself)
- Knowledge of and interest in current adult learning trends and leading-edge training innovations
Red Nucleus is an equal opportunity employer.